IU Credit Union COVID-19 Updates
Updated: June 25, 2020
Bloomington Area Branch Lobbies Open for Regular Business
Our Bloomington area branch lobbies are open for regular business and ready to serve you during normal business hours. Each branch is now accepting walk-in traffic with no appointment necessary.
The health and well-being of our members and employees remains our top priority. We have added protective measures at each location to protect both members and employees against the coronavirus.
You may also access your accounts through Online & Mobile Banking, our Drive-Ups and call our Contact Center as an alternative to visiting a branch lobby.
What to expect when visiting a branch lobby:
- Please follow check-in instructions located at each branch.
- Staff may choose to wear face masks and we encourage members to as well.
- We may ask you to remove your mask for a short time for identification purposes.
- Protective shields have been installed at teller windows and member service stations.
- To meet social distancing requirements, please remain 6 feet apart and follow directional signage.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted throughout the day.
Greenwood Area Branches
Our branch drive-ups at Center Grove and County Line Road are open to serve your financial needs. Additionally, we are providing lobby service at both Center Grove and County Line Road to address needs that are more complex and provide safe deposit access, by appointment only. Our branch and drive up location at US 31 & Smith Valley Road remains closed until further notice.
To make a Greenwood branch appointment, or speak with a representative, please call 812-855-7823 or toll free at 888-855-MYCU (6928).
Check back often for the most up-to-date information regarding IU Credit Union service availability and hours, or stay connected on Facebook.
We appreciate your membership and confidence in IU Credit Union, and we remain committed to serving you.
Gary and Fort Wayne Campus Branches Scheduled to Reopen Monday, July 6, 2020.
Our Fort Wayne and Gary campus branch locations will reopen on Monday, July 6, 2020. In adherence to both campuses administration's policies, IUCU staff and members will be required to wear masks while on campus.
Please contact us at 812-855-7823, or toll free 888-855-MYCU for more information on how to enroll in Online & Mobile Banking. Visit our locations page for a complete list of our drive-up and ATM locations as well as links to our nation-wide ATM and Shared Branching network locations.
Plan for Implementing Measures and Instituting Safeguards in Response to COVID-19
Employee and member safety is our top concern. Accordingly, we are taking steps to provide a safer environment to help combat concerns raised by the COVID-19 health emergency and to minimize risks on our premises going forward. As informed by healthcare experts and federal, state, and local policy-makers, these steps include the following protective and preventative measures, which have been distributed to all employees and are posted on the organization's website at www.iucu.org, at the entry to the building, and on the employee bulletin board:
Employee Screening Procedures
- Upon reporting to work, each employee will answer a screening questionnaire to ensure they do not have COVID-19 symptoms.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Employees are encouraged to wear a facemask that is either provided by the Credit Union or they can also use their own. Employees also have access to gloves. Members are also encouraged to wear a face mask while on premises.
- Germ guards have been installed at all member-facing workstations for employee and member protection.
- Employees and members shall maintain at least six feet of distance between themselves and other people. To facilitate social distancing, we have marked six foot distances for lobby queuing.
- Employees who are in a vulnerable status have been granted leave until further notice.
- The Credit Union will conduct meetings, whenever practical and available, via phone or virtual communication.
- To reduce the number of members on the premises at any given time, members may reach IUCU at the following phone number: 812-855-7823 or toll free 888-855-MYCU, or visit the company web address: www.iucu.org to access online banking or to obtain additional information.
Workplace Cleaning and Disinfection
- High-touch surfaces (tables, printers, doorknobs, countertops, handles, phones, keyboards, touchscreens, faucets, etc.) shall be regularly cleaned and disinfected throughout the workday and at the close of business.
- Disinfecting spray and/or disposable wipes are provided so commonly used areas can be wiped down by employees before and after each use.
- Employees and members are reminded and encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds regularly and to use hand sanitizer regularly throughout the day (to make this practice easier, hand sanitizer is available for use by employees and members at designated locations on the premises).
- Employees and members are encouraged to refrain from touching their face, nose, mouth, or eyes and to avoid shaking hands with or touching others.
- If employees or members have to sneeze, cough, or clear their throat, they should utilize their elbow or arm to muffle the sneeze or cough, or use a disposable tissue and then immediately dispose of it.
- Signage regarding COVID-19 safety guidelines and best practices will be posted in relevant places on the premises.
- Signage will be posted on lobby doors advising members not to enter if they are feeling ill or have COVID-19 symptoms.
Individuals with Symptoms
- Employees with respiratory illness symptoms should not come to work, should contact their physician and seek testing, and should contact their supervisor and comply with notification policies for requesting leave.
- Employees who become ill while at work must notify their supervisor and will be sent home immediately.
- Prior to returning to work, sick employees must be free of a fever without fever-reducing medication for at least 72 hours and be at least seven days removed from when their symptoms first began.
- Members with symptoms or who have recently recovered from symptoms should not visit the premises and should seek alternative methods for obtaining IU Credit Union services (e.g. ATMs, online banking, mobile banking, visiting our website: www.iucu.org)
- The CDC recommends that individuals not travel, if possible, especially if they are at higher risk of severe illness. Employees who do travel must follow any state and local travel restrictions currently in place, including any quarantines upon arrival and return.
- IU Credit Union reserves the right to require employees who travel to COVID-19 high risk areas to self-quarantine at home upon their return.